Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wreckage of Reason

The three stories Im choosing from the Wreckage of Reason book are: Whirlwind Romance by Lillis (pg 72), Black Wings by Cain (pg 272), and The Women by Shope (pg 191). These are the three that I enjoyed reading the most. 

Whirlwind Romance is the first one that I stuck out to me as I was going through the required stories to read. My first impression just of the line "Things you told me on the phone before I met you" just really set my expectation of the ending of the story about where it ended. I really didn't think that the story was going to end well because usually long distance relationship don't go smoothly, then adding in the fact that they've never met and that hes still got a girlfriend it doesn't take much to see to where that's headed. 

The in the second part when the person is there and hes changed into a completely different person wasn't really a surprise. It makes the reader feel for the person because the guy they came across the country for who was sweet on the phone is now a complete tool. 

Black Wings started out grabbing my attention because it started out with a person wondering about their sexuality. Its just kind of like watching this person go through their daily life while trying to figure out who they are. I like that the boy friend was really supportive during it not pressuring anything. The last two lines "I thought you were asexual." and "I don't know what I am." are my favorite in the whole story because it basically sums up something that has crossed every single persons mind who has ever questioned their sexuality. 

The last story that Im going to talk about for this assignment is The Women. Honestly I started reading it and was like I have done or would do most of that. My attention span flew out of the window, and then I realized I was basically reading smut for a class and it got a tad bit uncomfortable for a quick minute. I love how there's a slight dom/sub thing going in the first half of the story because it adds a bit of something thats not usually discussed much to the story. 

Then it gets a bit confusing in the middle to follow but then at the end it just starts to get really sad. Like theyve been through a lot together and the one chick is sticking through whatever psycho shenanigans her person is going through and its just like damn, I hope I have that one day. Not the psycho shenanigans but the rest of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment